-
July 6th, 2006, 04:23 PM
#1
Inactive Member
If an ebay seller described a doll's body as beige, off-white when someone asked if the body was white or tan, which would you lean towards thinking the doll is?
There was a doll described this way and I'm still trying to figure out which she is. (Molly)
ETA: she had the lighter brown hair and long bangs, and came with older accessories. The original green velvet dress, her book with the ORIGINAL illustration, her old snowglobe (wooden base), etc.
<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ July 06, 2006 01:24 PM: Message edited by: Janine_Nicole ]</font>
-
July 6th, 2006, 04:29 PM
#2
Inactive Member
Do you have the auction number? A picture would certainly clarify things in this instance. If the seller will not at least email you a picture, I wouldn't bid on this auction. [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img]
-
July 6th, 2006, 04:34 PM
#3
Inactive Member
The off-white leads me to think it is a white body, but picture clarification would probably be best. Good luck winning her if she is white bodied [img]smile.gif[/img]
-
July 6th, 2006, 04:42 PM
#4
Inactive Member
She's actually already won. Mom's ebay bidding methods backfired horribly though. She tends to put in a ridiculously high bid, way higher than she thinks an auction will go just so she won't be outbid at the very last second.
She did that in this case and...well. We knew it would happen one day, but the bidding went up to 8 dollars short of the HUGE proxy she put in. I thought she was going to give up when it started getting so high, but...ugh. Huge proxy...
Needless to say, we both felt a bit sick when the auction closed. We'll be selling everything from the auction with the exception of the doll and her book.
And the seller couldn't post a new picture because it was being sold through an isoldit store.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1
-
July 6th, 2006, 04:53 PM
#5
MickeyFan
Guest
If it makes you feel any better, your doll is a white body Molly. The white body on my Molly is more like an off-white muslin. Everything else in the auction is original. You got a lot of great things. I have all the first edition Molly stuff except the stocking set so if you decided to sell it, please let us know [img]smile.gif[/img]
<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ July 06, 2006 01:55 PM: Message edited by: MickeyFan ]</font>
-
July 6th, 2006, 04:57 PM
#6
Inactive Member
HUGE sigh of relief. I don't know how we would have reacted if we'd been wrong and she was tan. Not too bad if she had white body features, but...
I'll definitely let everyone know when we get ready to sell the accessories. They'll probably be going on ebay though, so we can absorb the cost of the doll better.
I think she looks darling either way though, and now we have a Molly to celebrate her movie with.
-
July 6th, 2006, 06:46 PM
#7
Inactive Member
She really is beautiful, Janine....
-
July 6th, 2006, 06:51 PM
#8
Inactive Member
I agree; she is beautiful. [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]
(I am an indecisive bidder so eSnipe is a very helpful thing for me. I'll put down bids all the time and then retract them before the auction closes. The down side, of course, is that you have to trust them with your password, which I don't really like to do at all...)
-
July 6th, 2006, 06:52 PM
#9
Inactive Member
That was a great deal considering most if not all of those items were retired. Congratulations! [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]
-
July 6th, 2006, 07:11 PM
#10
Inactive Member
Wow! What a gorgeous dolly.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks